Wednesday, July 29, 2009

29 mile bike ride on 34/34B

I set out to ride 30 miles. I was catsitting so first I rode through downtown to feed the cat. I then went up 34 along the lake, a ride I did many times when I was living downtown. I was able to make it all the way up the hill without pausing. I knew I'm in much better shape than before, but it's nice to see evidence of it. I listened to my iPod for the first time during this ride, and it wasn't nearly as dangerous as I thought it would be (especially with only one ear bud in). I have mixed feelings about this. I enjoy being alone in my own thoughts for a few hours, but it can get boring to ride alone all the time. The distance felt very long, and I've decided that 30 miles is too long for a weekday evening.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment