Wednesday, August 19, 2009

11 mile bike ride around Ellis Hollow

I was feeling too lethargic to ride my bike today, but I forced myself to do it and I was full of energy as soon as I started riding. I installed my new bike computer so I was excited to give it a try. Unfortunately, nothing but the timer worked. But apparently keeping track of my time makes a huge difference. I set the goal of doing the ride in 50 minutes so I knew I wanted to be at the halfway point by 25 minutes. I ended up doing the entire ride in 45 minutes, which is a full 15 minutes shorter than my usual time. Amazing!

I'm also feeling a lot more confident in my clipless pedals. I realized that unclipping my left foot when I'm approaching intersections makes me feel a lot more comfortable. This biking thing isn't rocket science, but I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment