Sunday, February 7, 2010

Half Marathon Training: Week 3

I decided to reduce my spam onto the interwebs and switch to reporting weekly workouts. Here's the recap for the week:

Monday I did pull ups and weights with my legs, and then did a wimpy 0.89 mile at 10'37" minutes per mile on the treadmill. Treadmill=boring.

Tuesday Michelle and I ran through the Cornell Plantations at a brisk pace of 10'09" minutes per mile for a total of 4.30 miles. Could have gone faster but my stomach was full of undigested cookies.

Wednesday Salsa dancing! I couldn't convince anyone to take a salsa class with me, so I went by myself. That's something I never would have done a year ago, but I've had to become a lot more independent since I started training for triathlons. It was a lot of fun, and I'm counting it as cross training. It's a surprisingly good workout.

Thursday I no longer have to harass people to run; now they volunteer. Annie, Michelle, and I went for a run after work. We did our Game Farm Rd. loop that takes us on the East Hill Rec Trail at a slow speed of 11'45" minutes per mile for a total of 3.64 miles. Afterward, Michelle and I went to the gym to work on our arm and abdominal muscles.

Friday and Saturday rest! I spent all day Saturday working and was too tired to bike when I got home.

Sunday I used to think people who ran when it was 15F (3F with windchill), snowy, and windy outside were crazy; now I know they are. Michelle, Brian, Annie, and I ran 5.66 miles through the Cornell Plantations. My pace was 10'50" minutes per mile. I never want to spend an hour running at that temperature again.

Not quite a perfect week, but I achieved the balance of meeting most of my goals without being too exhausted to work and have a social life.

Lastly, my Nike+ challenge with my sister and brother has come to an end. Vikram was the first to reach 50 miles of running this month and I was second with 33 miles. For next month's competition, Poonam and I are teaming up against Vikram. If the two of us together can't beat him, then we might as well give up.

Half Marathon Training: Week 3
Week of 2/1/10 red=incomplete; green=completed







stretch & strengthen3.5 m run2 m run or cross3.5 m run + strengthrest40 min cross5 m run

No comments:

Post a Comment