Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yurting



Ever since the triathlon, I have developed a predilection for timing everything. I like to know precisely how fast I run, walk, bike, and swim. My sleep schedule is relatively fixed, it takes me the same amount of time to get out the door every morning, and I eat my meals at set times throughout the day. If I didn't stick to a schedule, I would never be able to balance work, life, and exercise.

I forget that not everyone lives in my strictly regimented world. My obsession with timing everything has apparently overflowed into my personal life. I made the mistake of taking my watch when camping with friends in a yurt in the Adirondacks. Apparently one of the joys of being out in the woods is being able to eat and sleep without a schedule. (I disagree, but I was outvoted on this point.) Lesson: watches are good training tools, but are not to be worn on vacation.


View Larger Map

Overall, the week was bad for exercise but good for fun. I skipped two runs, but we did go for a long hike while camping. Hiking for 2+ hours on snow definitely counts as cross training.

Half Marathon Training: Week 2
Week of 1/25/10 red=incomplete; green=completed







stretch & strengthen3 m run2 m run or cross3 m run + strengthrest30 min cross4 m run

No comments:

Post a Comment