Monday, December 14, 2009

12/14/09: spinning

Hurrah, I conned my way into spinning class using my driver's license and my temporary pass from when I first signed up for my gym membership! I'm going to be sore in the morning. This is the first time I've gone spinning in over 2 months. It was thoroughly exhausting (as it always is), but now I remember why I was so addicted. You just don't get the same endorphins from working out without 60 year old woman yelling at you to push harder and climb further. I'm also learning to distinguish between mental exhaustion and physical exhaustion. At around 5 PM tonight, I was exhausted from another day of mundane lab work, reading papers, and staring at the computer. I wanted nothing more than to go home and curl up on the couch. It was impossible for me to be physically exhausted: I got plenty of sleep and definitely haven't been overly exerting myself lately. As soon as I hopped on the bike, the mental exhaustion from the day melted away and I was full of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment