Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12/16/09: yoga

It had been a long time since I went for a yoga class. I asked Annie this morning if Tammi's class was any good. She gave it a thumbs up and decided to accompany me. I really like exercising with friends because 1) it motivates me to get my lazy butt to class and 2) it gives us time to catch up in the locker room.

I think I stopped going because I usually want the best workout I can get for my time investment, and yoga has been really low of my priority list. Apparently my memory failed me-- yoga can be a very good workout. It's excellent for strengthening core muscles, building arm strength, and stretching out my finicky back and hip muscles. I need to add it back into my rotation and try to go to classes a few times a month. Running and biking lead to tight muscles and I haven't been very diligent about stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment