Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10/21/09: running

Today I worked on running posture, again taking a cue from the book "Marathon Training for Dummies." According to the author, the proper posture is to be slightly bent forward at the waist and for your thumbs to brush against your hipbone as you run. The former is pretty natural but the latter felt a bit awkward. We'll see how long I keep that up. Run stats: 31'08", 2.58 miles, for a speed of 12'03" per mile. I followed running by stretching again. With all my biking and aerobic exercise, my muscles are always very tight. This may be all in my head, but I swear I already feel my muscles loosening up.

My running book also suggests adding variety to routes by alternating between running north, south, east, or west from your house. Today I headed up Snyder Hill to try out something different. Route map:
View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment