Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10/27/09: swimming and squash

Robyn, my swimming instructor, summed up our distance for the day: 1400 yards. I got really frustrated when I saw it because I'm still swimming the exact same distance as when I started. It got me thinking, though-- I've been working out regularly for about 3 months out of my entire life. It's possible that my expectations for improvement are set a little too high. It's a pretty amazing that in as little as 12 weeks, I can run 3 miles, bike a century, and swim a mile per hour.

In other news, we have a new swimmer in my lane, for a grand total of three of us. He's the same speed as I am or maybe a little slower, but it's nice to have someone to pace myself against. The other swimmer is way faster and I have no hope of keeping up. The goal for the next 3 months is to find pacers for all my activities. Group training is the only way for me to build speed.

In the evening, I played squash against Melissa. I lost twice and won once. To sum things up: practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment