Thursday, January 28, 2010

Brrrrrrr

Best run time yet!!! Michelle and I did the same route to Game Farm Rd that we did last Tuesday but this time in reverse. The temperature plummeted into the teens today and it was extremely windy. I think that helped motivate us to get to my car, which was parked near the end of the trail, as fast as we possibly could.

Afterward, we met Brian and Melissa at the gym for some more weight training. This time, we focused on our chest, tricep, and leg muscles. I didn't push myself as hard as I did on Monday because I'm going camping this weekend and I don't want to be in pain before the trip starts. Highlights from today's lesson included a debate on whether building chest muscles in women leads to perkier breasts or to a manly chest and an argument over whether it's acceptable to dance between sets while you're waiting for a machine to be free. I don't think Brian will be joining us for weights again, which is too bad because our lessons were fun!

Nike+ run stats: 3.97 miles, 40'12" minutes, 10'07" minutes per mile

Half Marathon Training: Week 2
Week of 1/25/10 red=incomplete; green=completed







stretch & strengthen3 m run2 m run or cross3 m run + strengthrest30 min cross4 m run

No comments:

Post a Comment