Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fighting the winter blues on my bike trainer

After absolutely no aerobic exercise this week, I finally found the motivation to spend some time on my bike trainer. I spent 40 minutes on my bike while watching an episode of 'Dexter.'

I failed miserably at my goals for the week. In all fairness, I forgot to account for the gym being closed this week, and I couldn't have known that Ithaca would get two feet of snow and have a windchill of -20F. I'm itching to go for a run and am so excited that gym opens tomorrow.

Goal for the week of 12/28/09
1.5 hours 50 minutes of biking
15 miles of running
+climbing

I'm trying a new format for my weekly goals, since the previous way has failed twice in a row. It comes from Half Marathon Training for Novices (courtesy of Maddie). They have a 12 week program for building up to a half marathon. I won't stick to their daily schedule, but I'll try to do each of their suggested exercises each week and check them off each day (sort of like workout bingo). (Note: I'm not actually signed up for a half marathon yet. A bunch of friends are doing the Skunk Cabbage Half Marathon on April 11. I'm not sure if I'll be in town that weekend, but if I am, I'll definitely do it too.)










stretch & strengthen3 m run2 m run or cross3 m run + strengthrest30 min cross4 m run

No comments:

Post a Comment