Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Evening run to Game Farm Rd.

Michelle and I went for a run after work. We got a beautiful layer of snow last night but the roads were clear so it was a great day for a run. I didn't want to run outside at first, but luckily Michelle convinced me otherwise. It was right around 30F which was the perfect temperature once we got warmed up.

We cut through campus to the East Hill Rec trail, ran to Game Farm Rd., and then took back roads back to get to campus. It was muddy and wet, but it was a great run. For a long time, I couldn't run more than 3 miles. I've finally overcome that barrier because we did this entire run without walking, and I had plenty of energy left afterward.

It's just my luck that I finally am able to run the entire distance of the Rec trail, only to get this in my e-mail this morning:

There is an important meeting tonight, Tue, Jan. 19 at 7:00PM at the Town of Ithaca, Town Hall. The first item on the agenda is a vote to decide if Cornell can have approval to do work at the East Hill Recreation Way that will close the trail for at least 3-4 weeks, or possibly a lot longer. This will happen soon. The part of the trail that will be closed is the 1 mile segment between Game Farm Rd. and Judd Falls Rd.

Nike+ run stats: 3.83 miles, 46'47" minutes, 12'12" minutes per mile

Half Marathon Training
Week of 1/18/10 red=incomplete; green=completed







stretch & strengthen3 m run2 m run or cross3 m run + strengthrest30 min cross4 m run

No comments:

Post a Comment